Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Week 5: Exercise 12, Rollyo

I made a "Shopping" Rollyo with my favorite stores: Anthropologie, Liz Claiborne, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Nordstroms, Macy's, and Eddie Bauer. Then I searched for "white sweatshirt women" and it worked! I couldn't get the search box on my blog, though. That was very frustrating. I tried to follow CSLA's instructions, but it didn't work. I got a search box which didn't work, but it wasn't the red Rollyo search box which I have seen on other blog sites for CSLA 2.0. Oh, well. I can see a use for Rollyos when students are conducting research and you want to limit them as to where to search. BUT, that would require figuring out how to put the Search Box on the library website!

These activities are taking much longer than I thought. There are so many parts to each Week. I think I better just do what I can do quickly and not worry so much about doing optional activities. I don't want this to become frustrating because then I will not finish. And I do want to complete the "23 Things."

2 comments:

IrmaPince said...

Shopping! What a good idea! I put a Rollyo search bar on my school website. I worked like a charm. I also had some additonal questions so I emailed Rollyo. They got back to me right away with all the information I needed. You might ask them for suggestions on posting.

Marie Slim said...

I want to do shopping too! What a great idea!