Saturday, June 16, 2007

Week 3: Exercise 7, Technology

On Friday, I went to an Infopeople's Workshop on Web 2.0. I had signed up to attend months before CSLA came out with their School Library Learning 2.0. It was a great overview of what we will be covering here AND it didn't overlap with what I had already done--created a blog and used Flickr. What I did learn about was del.icio.us and RSS feeds. Although I had heard about del.icio.us at the CSLA Conference last November, I didn't come back and play around with it. Now I know the advantages of it versus Bookmarks/Favorites. I really think I will use del.icio.us. RSS feeds was another Web 2.0 feature that I think I will use. I know that's Week 4's "Thing." So, I am very anxious to get started on that. Joe Barker did the Infopeople workshop and did a good job of giving background information about Web 2.0. A few of us also had lunch with him and he talked to us about nings. I feel I'm really learning the 2.0 language and have a better feel for what our students are using.

2 comments:

IrmaPince said...

Wow, total Web 2.0 immersion! You are going to be dreaming about it soon.

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Yes, the more you learn about web 2.0 tools from different sources and people, the better! Enjoy!