Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Week 5: Exercise 11, Web 2.0 Award-winning applications and Ning

I chose the category, "Travel," and explored realtravel.com I liked this site because it was "real people" blogging about their vacations. Their pictures were great, also. There is also a free trip planner if you register, which I did, but could not get the trip planner to work. I spent way too much time trying to figure it out. That was very frustrating. I was trying to plan a trip to the Tuscany area in Italy. I love that area. My husband and I want to stay there for a month and just travel to all of the little towns in the area. It's a beautiful place. So I looked at farecast.com It's a great place that tells whether you should book air flights now or wait for the fares to go down. Of course, none of the really good deals include flights from Fresno. :( But, my husband will like this website when he arranges flights for our trips. He's always looking for the best deal and tries to figure out when the best time to buy is. We fly a lot from LA or San Francisco, so this website will be useful.

I joined the Teacher-Librarian Ning. I was very impressed. There are groups within groups that you can join. For example, there is a YA Lit in School Forum Group which has some great contributions. Joyce Valenza has many sub groups. I think this will be beneficial for me--even more so than RSS feeds. You get to hear from the top LMTs in the country! I really enjoyed perusing the Teacher-Librarian ning. I also used my "Warholizer" picture that I made from FD Toys for my profile.

4 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Glad you like Ning. Teacher-Librarian Ning is growing! Enjoy.

Marie Slim said...

I LOVE the Teacher-Librarian Ning. Joyce Valenza is my idol! I've got your blog on my RSS Reader - you and I are at about the same pace on the CSLA 2.0 exercises, so you're keeping me on track. Thanks!

Joan Tracy said...

"I also used my "Warholizer" picture that I made from FD Toys for my profile."
I also am making use of image generators I learned here elsewhere. It is fun.

IrmaPince said...

There are so many great places on Teacher-Librarian Ning to explore. Glad you found it useful.