Sunday, June 17, 2007

Week 4: Exercise 8, RSS Feeds

I subscribed to five RSS feeds--professional and personal. My favorite is the New Movies RSS feed. I am a movie fan. In fact I saw Ocean's 13 on Thursday--I was the only one in the theater at 11:30AM. I went on the spur of the moment and it was a great diversion! Vacation is great! Getting back to RSS feeds--I think Rob Darrow always has interesting technology information and I would rather go to his blog rather than sift through all the various blogs, so I subscribed to his. I also liked the Reader's Club Latest. I'm glad the 2.0 Team put that on the list. I had already set up a Bloglines account at my Infopeople Workshop last Friday, so I spent most of my time searching for RSS feeds. My only concern is keeping up with the feeds and going to Bloglines often. I can see getting bogged down with too much information. But it's better than trying to read everything that's out there. I could not figure out how to make my bloglines public, even with all of the instructions. My username is incorrect. I get the link, but the RSS feeds are not mine. Oh well.......time to move on.

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

There really is way too much out there that is fantastic, but there is only so much time in a day. We all need to find ways to manage the deluge of data.