Saturday, June 2, 2007

Week 1: Exercise 1, 7 and one-half Habits

For me, Habit #2 is the easiest for me--Accept responsibility for your own learning. Whenever I know I need to learn or hone a new skill I will always sign up for workshops or online courses (such as this) to help me implement current strategies/programs. I am a lifelong learner. I probably could have stayed in college forever. There is so much out there to know and not enough time to learn it all. I am very excited about this online opportunity because although I have attended sessions on Web 2.0, I have not gone back to my office and actually used the online resources about which I learned. This online project will give me the opportunity to "use" what I learn.

Habit #3 is the hardest for me--View problems as challenges. I view problems as problems. Once the problem is solved, that's when I can look back and say it was a challenge (but only if the outcome was positive). I don't like puzzles I can't figure out and many problems are like that. So I need to work on this Habit and I am sure I will do so during this online course because I 'm sure there will be times when I will view some of the activities as problems because I won't be able to figure them out.

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

The challenges aren't problems - your CSLA 2.0 Team is here to help you along. Welcome to School Library 2.0