Saturday, July 14, 2007

Week 9: Exercise 20, YouTube and other video sites

I really liked the Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto video on YouTube, but the video below from TeacherTube is my favorite: Pay Attention. Teachers and administrators would benefit from watching this video because it shows how we need to meet our kids where they're at. I loved the cell phone example for data collecting. I really liked TeacherTube better than YouTube. Anything goes on YouTube and TeacherTube is a little more professional. I can see using videos on the library website for booktalks by students, instructions for projects, tutorials, and more. There is a use for this in school libraries.

2 comments:

IrmaPince said...

You have been paying attention!
That is one of my favorite video clips too. I use it for workshops frequently.

Dragon Lady said...

This is a great video clip. Thank you for sharing. I'm creating a best practices wiki for our school and will include this video.