Saturday, July 14, 2007

Week 8: Exercise 19, LibraryThing

I added 10 books to my LibraryThing. Everyone has Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and four others of mine were very popular also--Seabiscuit, Tuesdays with Morrie, Who Moved My Cheese?, and Water for Elephants. There is a place to look at the conversations about the books in my library. Seven of my 10 books had postings. It was interesting. This is the link to my list of books: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/cdoerksen (I've also placed a "chiclet" on the sidebar linking it to my library). My Random Book list widget from LibraryThing is on the sidebar. I also posted a "Recent Reads" widget on the sidebar. This was fun!

It was nice to see some examples of how libraries are using LibraryThing on their websites.
This has real possibilities for school libraries.

I also liked the LibraryThing blog.

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

Good job. Who Moved My Cheese is one of my favorites too.