Friday, July 13, 2007

First Zoho Writer doc

Zoho Writer looks like a Microsoft document. There are many of the same tools in the tool bar and some new ones. I am going to figure out how to save and share documents. This could be beneficial. I'm trying to figure out how this would be used differently than wikis to share a document.

I like how easy it is to share a document and have access without being at my personal computer. I can now begin work on a document or continue working on a document by copying it to Zoho Writer and then continue working on it without lugging my computer with me if I have access somewhere else. Then I can e-mail it or just copy the document to a Word document on my computer. Hmmmmmm....some real possibilities. And I like the sharing aspect also, although the receiver must be registered with Zoho Writer to see the document.

Oops...just learned that I can export the document and save it as a Word document, PDF, HTML, a text file, and others. This is great! Forget my last paragraph!

I will now try the anchor icon. Cool...it is a hidden text box. The emoticon choices are also cool.laughing

There's also a way to digitally sign documents, but you must register with Echo Sign.

I really like this online tool.

2 comments:

IrmaPince said...

I love Zoho too. I was actively using it with students until my IT dept. caught up with us and blocked it (it has chat). Sigh.

SB Bookworm said...

Of all the tools I've discovered in the course, this one is the one I felt I could take to school tomorrow and begin using with my students.

It feels familiar, and as you said, it looks a lot like a Word document so it will be easy to use. I loved the way you could export it as a Word document. I see lots of possibilities for student use--having the document saved on their server means students can access their work from multiple computers and work on it. Very convenient!

I'll have to check out EchoSign. That looks fun, too.